November Recipe: Squash Boats from Sprouted Kitchen!
Our delicious November Recipe is inspired by a recipe from Sprouted Kitchen! This is a recipe you can play around with. Adjust the ratios and ingredients to your personal palate. We changed a few things around but you don't have to stick to our recipe. Get creative and have fun with it!
1 Kabocha Squash
2 tbsp. Maple
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
3/4 Cup Quinoa
1 Shallot, Minced
Handful of Cranberries
1/3 Cup Basil, Chopped
3 Tbsp. Meyer Lemon Juice
1 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbsp. Agave Nectar/Honey
2 Cup Chopped Kale or Spinach
Salt and Fresh Pepper to taste
1. Head oven to 425 F
2. Cut squash in half and seed it. Mix maple syrup and olive oil and coat the inside of squash with mixture.
3. Roast squash with cut side down, for about 20 minutes. Turn the squash cut side up and cook about another 15 minutes or until squash feels soft with the poke of a fork.
4. While squash is baking, bring 1 1/2 cups of water to a boil and then add quinoa. Turn down the heat and cook quinoa until it absorbs all the liquid. Kind of like how you cook rice!
5. Put cooked quinoa in a bowl. Add the shallot, lemon juice, and olive oil.
6. Once it's cooled own a bit, you can add the basil, cranberries and the greens.
7. Take squash out of the oven and let it cool down. Fill each squash half with the mixture and enjoy!